BY ZEP
This has not been a good day, and my entry tonight will reflect that accordingly, seeing as I need to get this stuff out of my system.
The time that I transition out of this city cannot come soon enough. I'm done with the boredom, done with the nauseating mundane life, and most of all, done with the overbearing nature of my home. It's highly irritating to have to live in a house where tension is around every corner and no one can go an hour without arguing about the smallest thing. It's come to the point where it's them or me, and right now I want it to be me.
I'm 20 years old and I'm still being told to clean up a room that's in perfect order because my parents have ECD (excessive cleaning disorder). I don't bring people over anymore because of the negative atmosphere, and I find myself seeking refuge in the darkness of my friends' basements watching Iron Man or playing Call of Duty because I don't want to be at home
I've never been the person to just "sit back and take it", and the source of a lot of the conflict is when I push back. The advice from my siblings is to stop pushing and just accept things for what they are.
Fuck. That.
I'm not going to live my life in a totalitarian household. I'm not going to roll over and play dead because mommy and daddy said so. I'm a different person with different views on how to live my own life.
Soon enough I'll be able to put them into practice...one year and counting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes sitting back and " taking it" is really just you accepting that you really do know better, and acknowledging that fighting back is pointless. There is no point to fighting back, if it achieves nothing but more fighting. If your parents were to actually listen when you spoke your mind, that is a different story. However, since they dont, then you are the winner in the end, by simply keeping quiet.
ReplyDelete