Thursday, May 21, 2009

Late night bloggin'

BY ZEP

I should probably be sleeping.

But sleeping is for the weak....and the tired...and I don't feel tired yet.

Do you ever realize how critical people are of themselves? It's like we have some built-in propensity that hisses in our ears "HATE YOURSELF!"

I'm a victim of this demon on my shoulder...in the past I was critical of everything about myself and the things I did...my art, the songs I wrote, what I said to people.

I've toned it down a lot recently...mostly because I realized that being too critical of yourself results in crazy low self-esteem, which leads to side effects such as wrist-cutting and dying your hair black.

But in all seriousness, my confidence has been low throughout my life, and this year I'm finally moving past that, seeing as it's not attractive to others, and more importantly, not very attractive to myself. Feeling like you're a constant fuck up will only lead to you internalizing everything. Not letting shit out kills your insides in the long run.

Moving on to happier times!

1 comment:

  1. You buy the razor blades, and I'll buy the hairdye. Deal?

    ReplyDelete