BY ZEP
More lyrical excerpts from my little black book...I promise this'll be the last one for a while, at which I'll get back to actually writing substantial things for y'all to read.
Got my thoughts up on the ceiling, some black paint on the wall
I always thought I'd have some time to make sense of it all
Yeah patience is a virtue, and they say that love is too
But I can't sit and wait around while I'm still in love with you
And they say my case is hopeless
While I chase on after you
I have no other motive to prove
I cling to words unspoken, I hold them to my chest
I always think of shutting up before doing what is best
The gravity between us is pulling at my spine
When you smile, I think of how your lips would feel on mine
And I'll say I'm going crazy
That I haven't got a clue
I have no other motive to prove
18 floors from the edge of the street
I'll call you down, but I know we won't meet
Push and pull and you know that soon
I'll climb those stairs just to get to your room
I watch my television, confessions on the screen
Unhealthy habits die hard, but my methods are pristine
I lost you in the shuffle of a standard pick-up game
Winning's far from losing but the ending's still the same
Decipher your own meanings...I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment