Tuesday, May 26, 2009

*Sigh* Way to go, California...

BY ZEP

For every step forward in America, there always seems to be another step backward.

The Supreme Court of California demonstrated an epic failure of life today in upholding Proposition 8, effectively banning same-sex marriage in the state.

They really should re-name it though. I mean, Proposition 8 is a terrible name.

It should be something like "Proposition-that-destroys-and-obliterates-rights-while-imposing-
conservative-Christian-values."

Get something straight California, and the rest of America (and every other country for that matter), and fucking separate church and state. Stop allowing fundamentalists to dictate your rights. Stop religious belief from leaking into your laws and your constitution.

And for fuck's sake, stop letting Arnie govern your state. (this has nothing to do with the above mentioned opinions....I just liked him better when he was a killer robot.)

3 comments:

  1. one day you''ll be able to get married in california, i promise ZEP...


    contrary to popular belief, Arnie is a good governator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hardy har

    I wasn't saying he is bad at his job...I just prefer him being an agent of Skynet over being an agent of the Republican Party.

    ReplyDelete