BY ZEP
I'll probably be flamed by a number of people for this, my family included, but am I the only one who doesn't disagree with this whole protest in Toronto? Now before you all clobber me, hear me out.
Are these people protesting for a good cause? More or less, yes.
Are they protesting in the wrong way? Mostly, yes.
Are they annoying the shit out of Torontonians? Fuck yes.
But is the protest itself a bad thing? No!!
The Tamils have the idea right, in the sense that people don't give a shit unless you do something to get their attention. Because of their antics, a lot more people know about their cause. When the first protest occurred, I had no idea what the whole deal was until I saw thousands of people lining the sidewalk, at which I took the time to go home and actually do some research about it.
But guys. Dragging your kids out to the Gardiner Expressway? Come on.
I get these guys, because the Canadian government doesn't give a shit outside their own interests and possibly America's, so they feel they have to do something that's a little more risky to get the folks on capital hill to look the fuck up.
But dragging yourself and your kids onto a busy highway ain't the way to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment