Monday, May 4, 2009

A tribute to friends and others

BY ZEP

Crap, I haven't posted in a while. I vowed to myself in starting this blog that I would write often, and sadly, I've been breaking that vow a little bit lately.

Anyways, enough self-loathing, more writing.

Lately, I've been thinking about years gone by and those that I've met throughout those years. I've also thought about those relationships and how they've affected me, for better or worse. So, I'm dedicating this post to a few select people who have had an effect on me, be it recently, or not so recently.

~ 10 years. It's a long time to know someone, even though we weren't friends for 50% of it. We've seen each other at our best and worst, and we've helped each other through the good and bad times. You have great talent that you still have to realize for yourself, regardless of whether or not others see it. After all the crap that happened in the heydey of school, we still trade barbs and insults often, but I'm glad that I can say you're one of my best friends.

~ We shared the most that any two people can share. Laughs, fights, love, hate, and all the in betweens. I learned more about myself and life and everything else during three and a half years than I ever learned with anything or anyone else. And although things may have ended in one way, I hope that we can move along with life and happiness in each other's company, even if it's not the same as what we had.

~ I've known you for two years now, and I've noticed that we do and don't have things in common. While our personalities and opinions can be distinctly different at times, it's our vastly cynical view on the world that allows us to share a load of laughs. I really value our friendship; you're like the sister I never had.

~ I've never met someone with such a similar musical taste as myself...and that's something I love about our friendship...even if we disagree over a certain netminder. Though we share a lot of laughs, I wish you'd hang out with me/the group a bit more often. You have a shining personality that really makes me smile and you've helped me out at some of my lows. Thank you.

~ You'd probably never read this, but you were an important stage in my life nonetheless. You acted as my friend and cast me aside when it wasn't convenient for you. You came back to me after I "learned a lesson." Apparently it's because of you my life got "better." I disagree. Though you made me feel the worst I've probably ever felt, I learned from it. And it the end, people saw you for what you were. Thanks for the lesson. So long and good luck.

~ I've only known you a few months (half a year to be precise), and we've only been hangin' quite recently. However, you have a spark about you that I really enjoy. Your cultural knowledge and your ability to illicit laughs from me at any given time is really awesome, and I hope we get to know each other better.

~ I've also known you half a year, and we've had two types of friendships, professional and personal (the latter being the more recent). However, I'm very glad I met you. I've noticed at times that you can be a bit too self-conscious, but most of the time you're a really happy-go-lucky, spontaneous, awesome person. You always make me laugh, and I'm glad we're getting to know each other better as friends.

~ You're an incredible musician and I know you're going to go places with it. Whether or not I'll be involved is a question that still needs to be answered, but hopefully we can collaborate and get things moving. I'm glad we fabricated friendship from all the nonsense of high school.

~ I'm glad your geekiness is ever-present. I keep mine hidden, and whenever I'm around you I can let loose and bitch about how someone fucked up in a comic-movie adaptation without my self-conscious self getting in the way. You're great in your own little way, and I'll miss being able to just drop by your place any time. I'll still visit though.

1 comment:

  1. i never told you this, but you're an awful writer.

    oh and i'm gonna list off all the people that i think each paragraph is about

    first one is me (because i'm always first, get it straight bitches)

    last one is cecilia

    second last is brian

    i will deviate before i make a further arse of myself


    p.s. you can't write <3

    ReplyDelete