Now there's an interesting statement.
Our society has become far too sensitive for their own good. It's gotten to the point where I can't watch television or listen to music properly because everything has to be so politically correct.
I'll watch an ad on television that might be slightly "provocative", and it'll be replaced some few weeks later with a more politically correct ad.
For example, there was a travel commercial on television (can't find it on youtube unfortunately) where a couple is talking about vacation plans. The guy humorously states that they'll be taking a "vacation for seniors", because that's what they'll be when they have enough points to fly to their vacation spot. He then talks about the perks of "arthritic massage."
Man: See? Arthritic massage....
Woman: We don't have arthritis....
Man: Oh, but we will!
I found out today that the ad had been pulled and replaced with some bullshit that omitted the humorous mention of the massage. Obviously someone thought making a joke about arthritis was offensive. How the fuck so? If anything, it's not even poking fun at the disease, but poking fun at the "vacation perk." Grow the fuck up.
I'm also disappointed in music censorship, specifically at one of my workplaces. While I'm aware that words like "fuck", "bitch", "goddamn" and etc. are the big "taboos", my store has regressed to the godamned (uh oh, I said it) stone age with their censoring. Bleeping out words is acceptable, but my store actually REMOVES the lines from the songs which contain said offensive word.
Let's take Rihanna's "Don't stop the music" for example.
Original version:
Do you know what you started? I just came here to party
But now we're rockin' on the dancefloor actin' naughty
Esprit version:
Do you know what you started? I just came here to party
But now we're rockin' on the dancefloor... *awkward musical emptiness*
UH OH, "NAUGHTY" IS GOING TO MUTILATE OUR SENSITIVE EARS!
Other notable mentions go to Kanye West's "Stronger", where the entire second verse is cut right out, and Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls" where the chorus is completely changed
Original:
Damn all these beautiful girls, they only wanna do your dirt
They'll have you suicidal, suicidal when they say it's over
Esprit version:
Damn all these beautiful girls, they only wanna do your dirt
I have a message for all the dear sensitive members of society: Grow the fuck (oops, I said it again) up. Your sensitivity and immaturity hinders the intelligent process of being able to live. Stop trying to shelter everyone and grow some balls.
you suck big fucking balls you dirty, lump-for-tits shit-eating cheese dog
ReplyDeleteyeah, it's so right what you wrote.
ReplyDeleteOn our blog there's shown a brief history of music censorship. If you are interested, just join our blog:
http://ncacblog.wordpress.com
We're glad about many comments as well as a lively discussion!
Greetings
Jana (member of NCAC - National Coalition Against Censorship)