Sunday, May 17, 2009

Assumptions

BY ZEP

Everyone seems to have one about me.

It's not like it bothers me, but because of it I become too analytical of myself.

For example, when I found out that some of my peers believed I was gay, I wasn't bothered, but instead started wondering how I acted around people.

I recently discovered that there are numerous others who are assuming things about me that are untrue or half-true at best. Am I letting on too much about myself sometimes? Or am I giving off a "vibe" to people?

See? Even now I'm still trying to make sense of it to myself and rationalize these things in my overly-analytical brain.

I'm just the kind of person that can analyze and read people to no end. I swear I should go into therapy or something. However, whenever it comes to reading myself, I always end up with far more questions than I do answers. It's difficult to be able to break yourself down for analysis because you only see yourself a certain way.

Hence, when people assume something about me, my natural reaction isn't "What the hell! No way!" but rather "Huh...I wonder why they think that is?"

Maybe I need to see a shrink myself.

3 comments:

  1. I always got the impression that you were a shark in an elaborate human suit. Is this true?

    A friend told me it was, and it sounded pretty legit. Why haven't you eaten me yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I didn't find you appetizing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it really matter what other people assume, or think of you in the long run?

    If you are so curious as to know why people assume certain things about you, the answer is simple: ask.

    I tend to get all of my answers that way.

    ReplyDelete