Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lookin' back on the good times...

BY ZEP

I woke up this morning to Hedley's "Old School" blaring from my kitchen radio. After wondering how many times a day CHUM FM played the damned song, I got to thinking about the songs "nostalgic" message, as well as all of the "epic" nostalgic songs that I've heard over the years. Here are a few of them:

Note: It's late, so forgive me if this list is short and/or lame.

Hedley, Old School





I'll start with this song seeing as it was the first thing I heard this morning. Though it's far from being remembered as the most epic song of all time, Hedley still manages to give off that "young, wild and reckless" vibe in the lyrics that'll make all the older folk who listen to radio wish they were "drinking by fires" and "burning car tires" again.

Abba, Mamma Mia!



Arguably, one of Abba's most popular songs (which spawned musicals and movies that I still can't seem to dodge), as well as a classic story of missing the good times you shared with a special someone.


Vitamin C, Graduation



If anyone tells you they have never heard this song before, they are likely lying, or they have been living in a deeply dug hole during their grade 8 lives. This song has played and probably still plays at every elementary school graduation since its release. It makes me want to shed pre-pubescent tears already....


Green Day, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)



Never mind graduations...this song has played at dances, weddings, proms, and just about every memorable event you can think of. This is probably one of the most nostalgic songs in the last 30 years...and I'm sure everyone has this on an iPod somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment