BY ZEP
People have been asking me lately why this blog was started.
I also question this at times, because I ask myself "do people even read blogs?"
People probably read newspapers/magazines/billboards/the print on their shoe more often than they read a blog. I know I do. But at the same time, with a blog, there's creative freedom. You can write whatever, whenever. Let's weigh my other options:
Mississauga News - My city newspaper. Probably the most boring series of events that ever occur in a city. Aside from cats being rescued from trees and an occasional mugging or robbery, nothing ever happens.
School newspapers - I'm sure people read these. And while I may be in school for journalism, writing for a paper has never really been all that interesting. They'll be extinct in 10 years anyways.
Toronto newspapers - Unfortunately, major publications have become so stuck-up that they won't even cover a decent story anymore, let alone allow a student to write for them. The closest I'd be able to come to a story in the Toronto Star is through the opinions page.
Besides, none of these publications would allow me to say things like a blog. On a blog, I can run rampant. I can say what I truly mean. I can express my opinion without having to worry about some sensitive idiot censoring what I have to say. Would Carmela have been able to call Billy Bob a douchebag in a paper? No, because news has to communicate things in a way that his idiocy will be insinuated, but not said outright.
Censorship has become an overbearing cancer, and blogs are my cure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment