....is that you never run out of idiots to encounter.
Exhibit A)
As I was meticulously folding tank tops, a lady approaches me and asks me if we have any jean jackets in stock. I told her "no," at which she proceeded to give me the dumbest and most confused look of life. It looked a little something like this:

It was like her brain could not process the fact that we had no jean jackets...almost as if her head would explode from the sheer lack of comprehension. She then asked me WHY we didn't have any jean jackets, with the same dumb look on her face - her need for instant gratification was obviously not being met. People are ridiculous.
Exhibit B)
As we closed up for the night, I was letting the last two customers out of the store. My co-workers and I were having a conversation about a new hat I bought and how I should wear it to a party I'm going to tomorrow. As I reached the door to unlock it for the customers, one of them begins to tell me that "I shouldn't let them tell me how to live." I smiled politely and told her that I made my own decisions.
And that's when it came pouring out.
"You need to listen to God," she said. "Listen to Him and let Him in your life before you have your own family...do you read the bible?" I awkwardly told her I don't. "Get one from Chapters!" she told me. "Read it and make sure you don't go partyin' and poppin' all over the place."

Much to my relief, her daughter came and dragged her away before any more awkwardness could present itself.
My co-workers of course, had a good laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment