Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Like Being in the Movies

BY ZEP

The other night, while walking along College St. at about 2:30 a.m., I witnessed a crazy scene.

A car came spinning through an intersection, crashing violently into a lamppost. It all happened so fast, it was like being in an action film. I saw smoke rise from the ruin as my friend next to me shouted "NO WAY!" repeatedly.

Not even two seconds after the car crashed, the driver had flung the door open and had run the fastest I've ever seen anyone run in my life. Seven or more police cars arrived minutes later. The guy must've been wanted or something.

I never found out what happened to him, but the situation itself was pretty interesting, even though I was just a bystander from afar.

It may be wishful thinking, but imagining your life as a movie sometimes can be quite fun. It can give you more action, more drama, and perhaps that happy ending that everyone desires.

I didn't want to see Fast & Furious in theatres, but seeing it in real life was cool enough for me

1 comment: