BY ZEP
Surprisingly, I'm going to miss Mississauga.
Why?
'Cause it's comfortable. Here, I have friends, work, things to do [and you]. In Collingwood, there's everything Mississauga has except the things mentioned above.
I felt the same way last time I went. I was "cut off" from everything. I had no phone, no computer, no technology. The only thing on my mind while I was there was how much I wanted to go home. I couldn't sleep some nights 'cause I would think of the things and people I missed.
It's because I'm accustomed to what I have. Conditioned to be comfortable, one might say. When I'm used to being on the internet, or hanging out with my friends, or seeing a special person often, I get comfortable, and I miss these things more when they're "ripped away", so to speak.
This time, I have a better connection to the "outside world". I have my phone, mobile calling cards, and my computer in the slight chance there's internet. However, I'm going to try to enjoy myself, going to try to think and write and create. I'll probably lie awake some nights thinking of what [and who] I miss, but I won't let that consume me as it did last time.
Time to pack up the junk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Y'know, if you didn't masturbate while writing in your blog, you wouldn't have to ' pack up your junk" at the end of the post.
ReplyDelete;)
xo