Friday, June 12, 2009

He said, she said

BY ZEP

He said: You look a little unhappy about the way the world is turning.

She said: Do I?

He said: Yeah, I can see it. It's etched into your face like a drawing, carved into the lines that crease when you try and force a smile. It's in your fingers when you run them half-heartedly through my hair. It's reflected your eyes, the same ones that I lose myself in.

She said: It's him.

He said: Of course it is.

She said: He broke me. Defeated me. Dropped me in the middle of a barren fucking wasteland and he...

He said: Taught you something.

She said: ......yeah.....he did.

He said: Is there anything I can do to take your mind off of this?

She said: Is it alright if I stay the night?

He said: More than alright.

She said: Maybe, just maybe, you won't end up like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment