The post topic is really just going to be me praising the one and only Andy Samberg. He's genius and was truly a great addition to Saturday Night Live bringing his hysterical Digital Shorts. If you don't know who he is, get on Google right now. He's brought a whole new generation of hilarity. Andy and his longtime friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone formed the comedic group The Lonely Island. They recently came out with their album 'Incredibad' which contains the hit songs from many of their shorts shown on SNL. If you haven't heard of some of them; Dick in a Box, Jizz in My Pants, Natalie Portman's Rap, Lazy Sunday or I'm On A Boat than I'm convinced you're living under a dark rock.
So what's with the Andy love you ask? Well, in the past years the MTV Movie Awards have been less entertaining than they once were, with such disappointments as the "return" of Britney. This year the show was rejuvenated and with only a couple lags was one of the most entertaining MTV Award Shows I've seen in a long-time. I'm gonna thank Andy Samberg for this one. He opened the show with a hilarious skit and an opening song profiling many of the celebs and movies of the year. Andy continued the show with his prolific charm and even had LeAnn Rimes sing a classical version of Jizz In My Pants, followed by Chris Isaak singing I'm on a Boat, a duet of Lazy Sunday, and lastly Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker's operatic version of Dick In a Box.
At one point Andy introduced this gem; a new original short starring funny-man Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond and a cameo by the television genius himself, J.J. Abrams. Check it out!
Thanks Andy!
absolute brilliance
ReplyDelete